Much G2 Official Updates fails with CWM Recovery
If you get a Much G2, and try to update firmware, you will get many problems updating your system.
This problem is related to ClockWorkMod Custom Recovery, that cannot install succesfully any of these updates.
Fortunely, the solution is simple: flash the stock recovery to your device, and then update (and reflash CWM if you want it)
- Download the recovery and copy the .img on the root of your sdcard
- Install Mobileuncle MTK Tools, open it and select "Change recovery"
- The device will open a list with the recovery images that found on your sdcard, and other founds online.
- Select the file you copied (md5:252b2f08ff9c6521c81e39aedb461d48)
- Select "Ok" for flashing this file
Now, you can restart in the stock recovery and update your system with new firmware.
Much G2 Updates
There are some links for Much G2 firmware updates:
If you generate the CWM recovery with MTKDroidTools, you can copy the .img of this recovery (you can found in the "recovery" folder of MTKDroidTools) to your sdcard, rename to CWM_Much_G2_Recovery.img (as an example), and with this, you can flash directly the recovery you want.
Use CWM for doing NANDROIDS (backups of your complete system)
Use Stock recovery for updating your device.
To Cedric for send me the file of the stock recovery. ^_^